Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dallas Catholic Youth Conference 2013!

This past weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the Dallas Catholic Youth Conference. DCYC, for those who don't know, is a conference put on by the Dallas Dioceses for teens. If you have ever been on a church retreat, it was a lot like that but in a hotel and with people from different churches.
When I signed up, I had no idea what do expect, but I was excited for whatever God had in store for the weekend. As always, He did not disappoint.
Over 600 Catholic teens and youth ministers attended from all over the diocese. The event was anchored by a long list of incredible Catholics including; Bishop Kevin Farrell, Bishop Douglas Deshotel, Steve Angrisano, Michael and Alli Hoffman, Jason Deuterman and my own youth minister, Naomi Lehew. All the previously named and other speakers were able to express things about our religion that I would have never been able to figure out on my own. Each talk came with an important lesson that impacted me and made me consider the way I live day-to-day. 
As much as I would love to give a play by play of the whole weekend, I understand how boring that might be. I cannot adequately express the events of this weekend in words, so you'll have to go next year to fully understand what I am talking about. However, I will share the highlights of my weekend and what I have learned.  Look for my blogs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at DCYC! 

In His name, 

Meredith 

If you have questions, prayer requests or just wanna say hi please leave a comment! And remember if you need somebody to talk to feel free to email me meredithmunro@icloud.com 



0 comments:

Post a Comment